Sports are a passion for many people, but it is also a business. It’s an industry that needs just as many managers, financers, administrators, investors, and business decision-makers as any other type. From development teams to athletic clubs to professional international sports, good financial and logistical management can make or break a sports or fitness organization.
An online Sport & Fitness Administration Graduate Certificate is ideal if you want to work in sports at an organizational level. Your business acumen and passion for athletics is ideally suited to this qualification.
What Are the Online Sport & Fitness Administration Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Sport & Fitness Administration Graduate Certificates require minimum academic standards from applicants. Typically, you will find:
- Minimum GPA for most certificates is 2.5. Others may ask for a higher score, 3.00, 3.25 or even 3.5 for the most attractive programs
- A relevant master's degree such as sports management or leisure management
- Both degrees must be accredited. Supply transcripts in support of grades and accreditation
- Non-English speakers may apply to these programs in the US but must provide formal proof of English proficiency. If you have TOEFL, IELTS, or PTEA certification, these are eligible. Holders of the ELS 112 may also apply – check with the school as not all accept this
- Letters of recommendation. Depending on the school, these may number two or three, typically as academic references. In some instances, employer references may be acceptable so long as the employer is relevantly in the sports industry
- Application fee
- Your personal statement
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Sport & Fitness Administration Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Online Sport & Fitness Graduate Certificates have both optional and mandatory courses that cover topics in athletic management. The following list of course titles is representative, not exhaustive:
- Principles of Administration in Sport
- Sports Compliance & Regulation
- Media and Public Relations
- Sports Marketing
- Sporting Talent Development
- Finance for Sport Organization
- Sport & Society
- Sporting Law
- Equity & Equality Issues
- Human Resources for Sports Organizations
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Sport & Fitness Administration Graduate Certificate?
Sport & Fitness Administration Graduate Certificates are a great pathway to the following careers in pro athletics:
- Athlete Development: Developing and investing in new talent requires certain business skills – fundraising, marketing, equipment, and training.
- Sports Director: Working for professional, semi-pro, or amateur teams or even whole leagues, responsible for most business decisions.
- Sports Agent: Help professional athletes organize contracts with new teams, or work on marketing and branding contracts.
- Athletic Facility Manager: Success can hinge on training equipment and properties. As a facilities manager, you will oversee such things as expanding and upgrading training camps and arenas or fitness clubs and gyms.
- Sports Marketing: As with any business, sports teams need marketing for investor and customer outreach.
Sport & Fitness Administration Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a sport & fitness administration graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs