Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
- What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate?
- Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate Programs List
Social media marketing professionals share visual and written content with targeted audiences. By leveraging digital marketing tools, they learn how to create "sharable" content that will attract, engage and grow followers. Enrolling in an Online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate program might be a smart move for those who already work in marketing and communications.
It might also be a good choice for business and sales professionals as well as small business owners looking to gain a competitive advantage in this continually growing and changing world of social media marketing.
What Are the Online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Prior to enrolling in an online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate, students should review what is needed to successfully complete the program. Though the majority of programs are completely online, some courses are delivered synchronously using video conferencing capabilities, which means students must attend classes at specific times. Most schools require the following:
- The admission application and corresponding fees
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with transcript.
- Non-native English language speakers may be required to demonstrate fluency via successful completion of an IELTS, PTEA, or TOEFL exam.
- Resume with 2-3 letters of reference (some programs)
- A statement of purpose or personal essay (some programs)
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Most dedicated students can complete an online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate in 12 months or so, depending on the university. For instance, Cal State East Bay offers a 6-course program that focuses on content creation, campaign development, marketing and public relations, metrics and analytics, and brand management.
Most certificates are similar but some may focus more on content creation while others, such as the one from Georgetown University, focus more on metrics and assessments. The vast majority of Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificates include a capstone or final project in which the students develop and launch a social media campaign from scratch. Common courses for the certificate are likely to include:
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Creating Effective Content Marketing or Campaign Development
- Building the Brand and Reputation Management Through Influencer Marketing
- Social Listening and Community Management
- Measuring Social Media Marketing Efforts and Outcomes
- Social Media Marketing Symposium Or Capstone Project
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate?
After securing a Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate online, a graduate can go after a range of digital marketing careers. A social media marketing manager might be responsible for all aspects of administering a social media campaign. They might decide on strategy and budget as well as which channels to utilize and venture into.
Other social media professionals serve as analysts reviewing and evaluating campaign performance and making data-driven choices on how to improve campaigns. Social media content creators might be writers, graphic designers, videographers, and photographers who are hired by corporations or small businesses to produce content. This certificate might also be valuable for a corporate communications professional who is looking to expand and develop the company's social media footprint.
Where can you take your career in social media marketing? Check out our Social Media Marketing graduate certificate listings below to find an online program that aligns with your career goals.
Social Media Marketing Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in a social media marketing graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|University of Florida||Gainesville, FL||Online - Social Media|
|Southern New Hampshire University||Manchester, NH||Online - Social Media Marketing|
|West Virginia University||Morgantown, WV||Online - Digital & Social Media|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.