Big data is one of the main growth areas in STEM over the last few years. It has many
applications including but not limited to business decision-making. Professionals with
specialist skills are needed to process data and analyze the implications of what it seems to
This graduate certificate will teach students to understand data, harness it, and make sense
of it enough to express it as qualitative information for better decision-making, performance
management, and big data analytics.
What Are the Online Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Graduate certificates are open to applicants with a list of specific criteria and backgrounds.
This list will typically follow this pattern with some variations:
- An accredited and relevant undergraduate degree
- A GPA of 3.0 on the 4.0 scale. However, if you have a lower grade some exceptions
may be made depending on individual scores on certain courses
- Transcript copies are required as proof of achievement
- Application form and non-refundable fee
- Some may ask for a statement of purpose detailing your background and expected
- For those who speak English as a second language, or who come from a country
where English is not an official language, you will need TOEFL, PTEA, and IELTS
- Prerequisite courses will normally include statistics
What Types of Classes Are Included in the Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Several universities in the US offer business intelligence graduate certificates. All programs
have both core mandatory courses, and some optional courses with a great variation in the number between each:
- Business Intelligence
- Applied Data Mining and Analytics in Business
- Business Data Visualization
- Business Database Systems
- Competitive Intelligence Organizational Design
- Global Competitive Intelligence
- Information Science for Competitive Intelligence
- Business Intelligence, Big Data, & Analytics
- Data Mining for Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- Systems Security Management
- Enterprise Data Management
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with a Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate?
The application of big data to commerce is an area of potentially limitless growth. That means
graduates currently have plenty of choice across many sectors, and diversely too:
- Business Intelligence Analyst: The most common career path, you will use data to
help organizations improve their decision-making processes
- Management Analyst: Rather than working for a company, you will act as a
consultant to examine processes and operations to improve efficiency and grow
- Market Research Analyst: You'll collect and collate data about the company's
market(s) and customer base and understand it for better decision making
- Financial Analyst: You'll use your analytics skills to examine financial decisions such
as investments, research, equity, and markets regardless of operational areas
- Computer Systems Analyst: You will be responsible for computer systems and
networks from a business standpoint rather than a technological one
- Operations Research Analyst: Your skills in problem-solving will apply to big business
decisions, using big data statistics and modeling, for operational solutions
Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a business intelligence graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|University of Arizona||Tucson, AZ||Online - Business Intelligence and Analytics graduate certificate|
|Georgetown University||Washington, DC||Graduate Certificate in Competitive Business Intelligence|
|Mercer University||Macon, GA||Business and Data Analytics Graduate Certificate|
|Oakland University||Rochester, MI||Business Analytics Graduate Certificate|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs