Business Economics Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Business Economics Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Business Economics Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
- What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Business Economics Graduate Certificate?
- Business Economics Graduate Certificate Programs List
Businesses require economists for many reasons – including planning their futures around economic forecasts and identifying opportunities in the market. Businesses do not exist in isolation, and some executives require a blend of skills.
An online Business Economics Graduate Certificate is the ideal program to bring these two related disciplines together. The deeper knowledge and enhanced understanding of how these two worlds come together is vital for modern corporations in the global, interconnected marketplace.
What Are the Online Business Economics Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Schools that provide online Business Economics Graduate Certificates in the U.S. have certain pre-requisites for applicants. While this will vary based on the university and your education level, most will require some combination of the following:
- A minimum bachelor's degree and master's degree GPA of 2.5 or 3.0. Be advised that some schools may ask for higher scores (typically up to 3.5)
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries will be asked to provide proof of English proficiency. Eligible schemes include TOEFL, IELTS, and PTEA. Some schools may also accept ELS 112
- Two letters of recommendation (some may ask for three). These are typically academic references, though employment references are also sometimes accepted
- The full application fee
- A written personal statement or essay in support of your application
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Business Economics Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Online Business Economics Graduate Certificates consist of both mandatory and elective courses. Often, a college will give you a choice from groups of study subjects. Here are some selected examples:
- Economic Principles
- Economic Theory: Micro and Macro
- Applied Economics
- Behavior Economics and Decision Making for Business
- Co-Operation & Conflict
- Social Behavior in Economics (also known as Game Theory)
- Emerging Markets
- Financial Market Economics
- Monetary Policy & Regulation
- Business Economics Strategy
- Study of Financial Crises
- Economic Strategies
- Economic Analytics
- Personnel Economics
- Global Markets & Financial Management
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Business Economics Graduate Certificate?
Business Economics Graduate Certificates open doors to many areas of these two inter-related disciplines. Here are some examples of career choices you might be a good fit for after you earn a Business Economics Graduate Certificate:
- Accountant: Dealing with day-to-day business transactions and record keeping. You may need additional coursework or licensing to work as an accountant.
- Auditor: Another financial career, you could work overseeing, analyzing, and examining financial records to ensure everything is in order ahead of physical inspection.
- Insurance Underwriter: Use your risk analysis skills to determine policies and premiums by ascertaining the risk involved in offering a policy to a customer.
- Financial Analyst: Use your understanding of markets and risk to help businesses make good investment decisions based on the economy and market trends.
- Corporate Management: Most roles in high corporate levels of business should be open to you, especially if related to your immediate qualifications and experiences.
- Market Analyst: In this job, you will research the state of the stock market or economy and make recommendations to the business about operational issues.
- Risk Management: Ideal for problem-solvers, this is a high-level executive role that monitors and manages risk as part of an enterprise's activities.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Businesses often merge, buy out competitors, or launch takeovers for a greater share of the market. Work as a broker to make these deals happen.
Business Economics Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in a business economics graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|North Orange County Community College District||Anaheim, CA||Hybrid - Business Economics|
|Oakland University||Rochester Hills, MI||Hybrid - Business Economics|
|Wayne State University||Detroit, MI||Economic Development|
|Mississippi State University||Mississippi State, MS||Hybrid - Business Economics|
|University of Wisconsin Oshkosh||Oshkosh, WI||Business Economics|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.