Auditing is a vital part of any organizational transactions where accounting and financial reporting is required. Transparency is a matter of both regulation and law; it is also a matter of ethics for a customer base (both B2B and B2C) that wants social consciousness and policies that reflect that. It differs from accounting in that it measures paper trail accuracy; it does not investigate data accuracy.
An online Auditing Graduate Certificate is an ideal way for accountants and bookkeepers, or others with relevant finance qualifications, to work in auditing. You can work as an independent auditor or in a firm providing this service.
What Are the Online Auditing Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Colleges and universities that provide online Auditing Graduate Certificates ask that a candidate fulfill certain criteria, often to include:
- A minimum 2.5 GPA. Some prestigious colleges may require a higher GPA up to 3.5
- A relevant bachelor's and master's degree (such as finance or business) from an accredited institution
- If you are not from an English-speaking country, the college may ask you to prove English proficiency through formal qualification. Recognized certifications include TOEFL, PTEA, and IELTS. Some recognize other certifications like ELS 112
- Two recommendation letters, sometimes three. Academic letters are preferred although in some instances, employer references are acceptable
- Application fee
- A personal statement. Here, you should define why you wish to study this subject
- Due to the nature of financial auditing, some schools may ask for prior accounting experience in the form of courses from prior degree programs
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Auditing Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Auditing Graduate Certificates contain a mix of both mandatory and optional study subjects. You will find schools offer courses with these titles:
- Auditing Basics
- Advanced Auditing
- Managing Business Risks
- Regulatory Compliance
- Information Security Regulation & Governance
- Auditing Accounting Systems
- Performance Management
- Management & Control Systems Design
- Database Management
- System Design
- Auditing Project Management
- Fraud Investigation
- Business Law
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Auditing Graduate Certificate?
Online Auditing Graduate Certificates offer a pathway to the following careers:
- External or Internal Auditor: An auditor can be external (a separate company contracted to oversee business financial records) or internal (working for the company and responsible for auditing duties).
- Information Technology Auditor: Rather than financial reporting, you could audit IT systems organization and data compliance for structural issues, ensuring the framework is above board.
- Government Tax Inspector: Federal agencies such as the IRS employ auditors to examine corporate and individual tax records as a routine or part of ongoing tax evasion and avoidance.
- Compliance: This non-financial auditing role looks at a business or other organization's compliance and regulatory issues – for example, HIPAA compliance.
Auditing Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in an auditing graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Temple University||Philadelphia, PA||Online - Information Technology Auditing and Cyber Security|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs