Applied Economics Graduate Certificate Programs
Applied Economics is useful for big real-world decisions that impact lives. Governments and businesses need applied economists and their skills to react to economic situations or to plan for perceived problems. This area deals specifically with implementing measures developed through economic theory.
As this is a discipline with real-time application for big decisions, people who wish to enter this career field should give serious thought to pursuing an online Applied Economics Graduate Certificate. It will open many career doors in both micro and macroeconomics, imparting skills you are unlikely to develop in other disciplines to this depth.
Educational establishments that offer online applied economics graduate certificates expect prospective students to fulfill qualifying criteria to ensure acceptance of their application. While specific requirements vary by school, most will ask for the following:
- 3.0 minimum GPA on the 4.0 scale (or higher in some cases)
- A relevant bachelor's and master's degree in areas such as statistics, mathematics, economics, or business
- Submission of official transcripts
- Must have previously taken courses in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and calculus
- Some applied economics grad certificate programs, such as the one offered at the University of North Dakota, require GRE or GMAT scores
- Non-English country applicants are invited to apply but they will additionally be expected to provide proof of English proficiency. Relevant certifications are PTEA, IELTS, and TOEFL. Some schools may accept ELS 112
- 1-3 letters of recommendation from academic references or relevant employers
- The non-refundable application fee
- Personal statement or essay detailing your career desires and why you want to study Applied Economics
Online applied economics graduate certificate programs consist of both mandatory and optional courses. This is a representative group. Some titles may vary slightly, but most programs include the following:
- Mathematics for Economists
- Statistics for Economists
- Microeconomic Theory & Application
- Macroeconomic Theory & Application
- Applied Econometrics Analysis
- Economic Forecasting
- Forecasting for Business
- Predictive Analytics
- Financial Economics in Practice
- Strategic Behavior
- Economic Law
- Federal Government Expenditure
- Approaches to Managing Economies
Applied Economics Graduate Certificates present many career options:
- Economist: You could work for government organizations, businesses, or economic institutes using modeling and projections. This data is useful for determining both micro and macroeconomic policies.
- Financial Risk Analyst: This type of professional undertakes financial analyses for organizations or for an employer to determine the likely risks of each investment.
- Political Risk Analyst: Financial decisions and economic events have political ramifications. Your understanding of economics can be used to predict political actions from economic activity.
- Data Analyst: Use your practical economist skills to look at resulting economic data and make predictions, helping organizations make wise decisions based on that economic data.
|University of Massachusetts Amherst||Amherst, MA||Certificate in Applied Economic Research on Cooperative Enterprises|
|University at Buffalo||Buffalo, NY||Hybrid - Applied Economics|
|Southern Methodist University||Dallas, TX||Applied Economics|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.