We are in an age of entrepreneurship. The economic downturn of 2008 and the pandemic of 2020 both accelerated startup businesses. Whether starting cottage industries or looking to be the next big thing in tech, everyone needs basic entrepreneurial skills. There is also a massive uptake in organizations that advise small businesses.
An online Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate may be useful for some start-ups who need to escalate their skills quickly and don't have the time or resources for trial-and-error learning. It's also a great addition for business graduates wanting a more hands-on career.
What Are the Online Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Considering an online entrepreneurship graduate certificate? Schools in the U.S. will ask for some of the following prerequisites:
- A minimum bachelor's degree GPA of at least 3.0
- A master's degree in a relevant business subject
- Both qualifications must be from accredited institutions; the school will require official transcripts
- Students from non-English-speaking countries must have full certification for English language proficiency: PTEA, TOEFL, and IELTS. Some may accept ELS 112
- Letters of recommendation – usually two, but some may request three. These should be from academic tutors and professors, though employer references may also be accepted
- The application fee
- A personal goal statement or essay
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Entrepreneurship graduate certificates are made up of both mandatory and elective courses, and can often be completed in a year or less. While exact titles differ between schools, the following list is an example of the type of courses you will be expected to take:
- Entrepreneurship Creativity & Innovation Skills
- Entrepreneurial Feasibility & Planning Skills
- Capstone Project: Business Plan
- Micro Ventures
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Strategies for Entrepreneurship: Operational, Legal, Financial
- Social Entrepreneurship & Non-Profit Ventures
- Applied Entrepreneurship
- Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurship
- Leadership for Entrepreneurs
- Ethics for Entrepreneurs
- Marketing Skills for Entrepreneurs
- Professional Sales Skills
- Customer Relationship Skills for Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurship Without Borders
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate?
Entrepreneurship graduate certificates are hugely flexible, offering career options in:
- Startups: Your business, your way. With an entrepreneurship graduate certificate, you can create your own startup and take it in any direction you wish.
- Startup Advisor/Consultant: If helping businesses is more in line with your interests, you can help businesses grow. Work as an independent advisor or with a finance company like a retail bank.
- Mid-level Manager: Entrepreneurship qualifications aren't just for entrepreneurs. They set you up for responsible job roles in big businesses.
- B2B Sales: Sales can be a great avenue for entrepreneurs. When selling B2B, it's cold, hard facts that matter more than gloss. With your background, you could work selling business to business.
- Research & Development: This area of business is not just about technical skills. You also need to understand user needs – both B2B and B2C. Your mindset is ideal in an R&D department.
Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in an entrepreneurship graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Iona College||New Rochelle, NY||Online - Entrepreneurship & Innovation |
|Temple University||Philadelphia, PA||Hybrid - Entrepreneurship and Technology Commercialization|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs