Communications for big projects and organizations are important on any level. Government, big business, and large charities need communication strategies to ensure the message gets out to the right people. For this, they need Strategic Communication specialists.
Designed to keep ahead of communication methods and standards and ensure that information outreach is up to date, an online Strategic Communications Graduate Certificate utilizes research and hard data to teach students how to communicate effectively, use the right tools, and measure the impact of organizational messages.
What Are the Online Strategic Communication Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Many schools across the U.S. offer online strategic communication graduate certificate programs. To be eligible for this type of certificate program, you must meet or exceed all the admissions requirements. While these will vary from school to school, they often include the following:
- Minimum GPA – usually 3.0 or higher
- A relevant master's degree, for example in media communication, public relations, etc. The applicant’s bachelor’s and master’s degrees must be from accredited schools
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Students from countries where English is not a native language must prove proficiency through a recognized formal certification system. These are IELTS, TOEFL, PTEA, and sometimes ELS 112
- Two to three letters of recommendation, preferably from academic sources. Depending on work experience, some schools may accept professional references
- A non-refundable application fee
- Personal statement / essay explaining career aspirations and why you wish to study the subject
- Some schools may ask for pre-existing skills in presentation software such as PowerPoint
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Strategic Communication Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Online strategic communication graduate certificates are comprised of multiple courses that can often be completed over just a few semesters. Typical courses taken will include:
- Leading Organizational Change
- Business Writing
- Communication for a Diverse Workplace
- Influence, Persuasion, and Negotiation
- Communication Problem Solving
- Decision Making Skills
- Business Analytics
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Strategic Communication Graduate Certificate?
Strategic communications is required in most industries and most sectors. Your career options with a strategic communication grad certificate include:
- Corporate Communications: Either in a department as an employee or an independent consultant, you can help businesses manage their professional communications across most of the operations.
- Advocacy: Working as a consultant or as part of a social advocacy group, reaching out to stakeholders, business professionals, and politicians is vital in effecting change.
- Director of Marketing: High-level marketing requires strategic decision-making about comms methods, platforms, the brand message, and measuring results. You may oversee the main message and organize the main strategy.
- PR Specialist: Public relations are responsible for an organization's overall day-to-day communication and changes to its strategy and outreach.
- Public Information Officer: Whether it’s regarding health, science, political communication, safety, or other issues, government departments use Public Information Officers to engage the public.
Strategic Communication Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a strategic communication graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Biola University||La Mirada, CA||Online - Public Relations, Strategic Communication|
|Purdue University||West Lafayette, IN||Online - Strategic Communication Management |
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs