Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes are Included in the Online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
- What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate?
- Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Programs List
Organizations need customers and service users. To attract them, they need a good message and a strategy for successful outreach. Organizational Communication is about the tools and the message. It is also about good internal communications.
An online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate will provide a communications graduate with the tools they need for both internal and external messaging. You will look at hard data, learn to research and present, and develop high-level communication skills.
What Are the Online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Schools that offer online organizational communication graduate certificates will expect all applicants to meet a comprehensive list of criteria to be eligible for admission. While this will naturally vary by school, most requirements include:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- An accredited master's degree in a subject relevant to organizational communications. This includes anything related to media & communication, as well as some business qualifications
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- If your first language is not English, you will need to prove proficiency through formal means. Accepted certificates include TOEFL, IELTS, and PTEA. Some accept ELS 112, but this is not standard
- Multiple letters of recommendation, usually 2 or 3. For mature students with work experience in this business qualification, employer references are sometimes accepted
- Application fee – usually non-refundable
- A personal statement explaining why you wish to enter the program at this college and your career expectations
- Professional resume or CV
- You may be expected to provide evidence of proficiency in communication software like PowerPoint
What Type of Classes are Included in the Online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Online organizational communication grad certificate programs can usually be completed in around one year. The curriculum will cover core topics alongside some electives. Common course titles include:
- Introduction to Organizational Communication
- Communication Theory and Practices
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Strategic Communication Management
- Communication Ethics
- Personal Branding
- Negotiation, Mediation, and Facilitation in Communications
- Intercultural and Cross-cultural Communication
- Organizational Culture
- Communication Networks and Information Management
- Understanding Group Dynamics
- Understanding Social Media
- Global Perspectives in Communication
- Public Relations Theories and Principles
- Employee Relations
- A final Communications Assessment / Capstone Project
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate?
Organizational Communications is required for both internal and external communications. This means you have a wide range of career options:
- Political Communications Specialist: Want to work in communicating political messages to your audience, fundraisers, voters, and other interested parties? This career may be of interest.
- Lobbyist: Lobbyists communicate messages from industries or causes to individual politicians, political parties, or departments.
- Internal Communications Manager: Employees need to be kept up-to-date about what is going on within a business – mergers, changes of management, and anything else.
- Communications Specialist: A comms specialist has no specific industry. They understand the importance of messages and how to communicate to an audience.
Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in an organizational communication graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Brenau University||Gainesville, GA||Hybrid - Organizational Communication|
|DePaul University||Chicago, IL||Organizational Communication|
|Northeastern University||Boston, MA||Online - Organizational Communication|
|Michigan State University||East Lansing, MI||Online - Organizational Communication|
|University of Southern Mississippi||Hattiesburg, MS||Organizational Communication|
|University of Wisconsin-Whitewater||Whitewater, WI||Online - Organizational Communication|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.