International Business is a growing industry in an increasingly globalized world. It promises a rewarding career for many business graduates who desire to travel and work abroad. Career options include international trade, marketing, corporate organization, as well as logistics, planning, recruitment, compliance and regulation, and many other areas.
As this is a specialty area, it is a good idea to earn an online International Business Graduate Certificate to help you gain the niche business skills needed for this career type. Such certificates provide knowledge and skills useful to potential employers that operate internationally, bridging culture, regulations, and borders for easier business.
What Are the Online International Business Graduate Certificate Requirements?
If an online international business graduate certificate is for you, you should be aware of the application requirements for new students. Most schools will ask for the following as a minimum:
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- A master's degree in a relevant field such as business, finance, law, or accounting
- Official transcripts proving relevant qualifications
- GRE and/or GMAT may be required, this varies by school
- International students are welcome to apply to any college where their international qualifications reach the equivalent scores. However, they must prove formal English language proficiency through such qualifications as TOEFL, IELTS, or PTEA You may find some US colleges accept ELS 112
- Several professional letters of recommendation
- Full application fee
- Attached personal statement and other supporting documentation
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online International Business Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
An online international business graduate certificate can usually be completed in around a year or so of study. Enrolled students will generally find the following topics covered throughout the program:
- Concepts of International Finance
- Project Management
- International Business & Culture
- International Business & Enterprise
- International Economics
- Innovation & Product Design
- Cross-border Supply Chain Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics
- Cross-Cultural Management Skills
- International Law & Regulation
- International Marketing
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online International Business Graduate Certificate?
An international business grad certificate is useful in the corporate world, but many industries find these skills valuable. Career pathways may include:
- Arbitrator: An alternative to litigation for resolving disagreements, it is a good career option for those who understand cultural differences in business transactions to negotiate problems
- Marketing (digital or traditional): Conventions and cultural sensitivities matter. As a marketing professional, you can coordinate marketing campaigns across borders without causing cultural faux pas
- Financial Trading: Stocks, insurance, investments, and global trade often need to work through international regulations. Cross-border knowledge is often needed when working on international deals
- Supply Chain Management: Your international business qualifications are a useful application for working across borders to move goods and services, working through regulations and logistics
- Compliance Executive: Countries have differing regulations based on national traditions, but also regulatory requirements for trade agreements. A Compliance Executive (or Officer) ensures everything complies with each set of regulations
- Recruitment Consultant: Finding the right employee can sometimes mean searching internationally. You will understand how to search for international candidates as well as the processes and paperwork required for international hires
- International Trade Consultant: You can work independently, advising businesses looking to expand into international markets
International Business Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in an international business graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs