Business Administration is an ideal umbrella career option for those wanting to start up their own business, or work in senior decision-making roles. It is a great choice for business development, franchising, and specific careers in business such as logistics or human resources. Outside of the corporate environment, charities and social enterprises also need professionals with business management, planning, and admin skills too.
Some business roles require niche expertise acquired through formal education. This is where an online Business Administration Graduate Certificate comes in. Such grad certificates are further programs designed for study after a relevant bachelor's or master's degree, complementing your existing education.
What Are the Online Business Administration Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Schools and universities where you might find Business Administration Graduate Certificates will have certain expectations of your past academic achievement before enrollment will be granted. There will be some variations based on the school location and prestigiousness of the institute, but most will usually expect:
- A bachelor's and master’s degree in a relevant subject such as business management or business studies with a minimum of 3.0 (some programs may require a higher GPA)
- Work experience may be required
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- International students are welcome, but those applying from countries where English is not a native language are required to submit proof of proficiency such as TOEFL, IELTS, or PTEA. Some may accept ELS 112 (check each desired school for details)
- Minimum two letters of recommendation from professionals or academia
- The full application fees. Amount varies by school
- A personal statement is usually required, some ask for a professional resume or CV in addition
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Business Administration Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
A typical online Business Administration Graduate Certificate will cover these subjects as mandatory and optional courses:
- Business Fundamentals
- Applied Research Skills for Business
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Introduction to Economics
- Financial Reporting
- Business Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Leadership for Organizations
- People Management
- Process Management
- Marketing Communication
- Research Marketing
- Business Law
- Strategic Management
- Information Analytics
- Statistical analysis and data modelling
- Digital economy
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Business Administration Graduate Certificate?
A Business Administration Graduate Certificate opens many doors. Here are some great career options for you to consider once you have finished your studies:
- Sales Executive: Sales is an important part of any business. A graduate certificate can lead to a career in managing sales departments responsible for projections, analytics, and sales strategies
- Management Analyst / Consultant: If direct corporate work does not interest you, then you can use your skills and education to help businesses improve processes in the core areas where they struggle
- Actuary: Enjoy problem solving and data science? An actuary calculates risk and conducts analyses for many areas of business, usually related to investment and resources
- Entrepreneur: You have the business acumen, marketing, accounting, management, and logistics skills – put them to use with your personal business idea
- Logistics Executive: This is the organization of a business process. It can apply to supply chain management, distribution, resource allocation, and more
Business Administration Graduate Certificate Programs
Interested in a business administration graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Brenau University||Gainesville, GA||Hybrid - Business Administration|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs