Working in the nonprofit sector can be rewarding. Charities and social enterprises need business acumen and skills just like any profit-making organization for better resource management and fundraising. Nonprofit careers often require specialist knowledge and a unique approach. That is why you should consider enrolling in a Nonprofit Management Graduate Certificate program to help you excel at a career in managing people, resources, and processes in the nonprofit arena.
What Are the Online Nonprofit Management Graduate Certificate Requirements?
If you are considering an online nonprofit management graduate certificate, there are requirements that schools will expect you to fulfil before considering your application. While these can vary depending on school, requirements typically include the following:
- Institutions usually require a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Your bachelor's degree must come from an accredited institution recognized by the CHEA (Council for Higher Education Accreditation)
- A master's degree in a relevant subject: typically, any related business degree or MBA is eligible
- Transcripts in support of the above
- Some require you to take GMAT with a minimum score of 600
- Some schools ask U.S. citizens to provide a color copy of any official US identification. Military personnel may submit military ID
- International students may apply to US schools. However, if originating from a non-English speaking country, you will be required to prove formal evidence of English language proficiency through PTEA, TOEFL, or IELTS. Some also accept ELS 112
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources
- The application fee
- Personal statement explaining why you wish to study this program
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Nonprofit Management Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Nonprofit Management Graduate Certificate students will find each school offers different courses, but most cover similar topics. Some coursework is mandatory, but there are usually some elective opportunities as well. Common course titles include:
- Nonprofit Program Development
- Resource Development
- Marketing for Nonprofits
- Communications for Nonprofits
- Grant Writing for Government, Corporations, and Individual Fundraising
- Building Social Enterprises
- NGOs for Global Policy and Development
- Fundamentals of Nonprofits Management
- Nonprofit Governance
- Leadership for Nonprofits
- Operating NGOs and Nonprofits in Conflict Zones
- Financial Management for Nonprofits
- Development Funding
- Human Resource Management in Nonprofits
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Nonprofit Management Graduate Certificate?
Those who wish to work for nonprofit organizations have a number of directions they can go in, especially with an online nonprofit management grad certificate in hand. Career options may include:
- Fundraising Executive: With your skills and knowledge, you could raise funds at the corporate level – applying to governments, NGOs, businesses, and other decision-makers
- Nonprofit Program Director: Your job is to manage the people working for the nonprofit, particular programs, or campaigns. This will vary depending on the nonprofit's size, nature, and how it conducts its business
- Chief Executive Officer: Senior decision-making roles are open to you with this high level of qualification. With a CEO job, you can shape the future of a non-profit
- Social Services Executive: NGOs and government agencies also require non-profit management skills. Social services assess individual and family needs for assistance and interventions
Nonprofit Management Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a nonprofit management graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs