Project Management is an important business skill for short or long-term development of specific campaigns. It differs from managing regular working projects as these are usually special projects that have an endpoint and a finite resource (often with no ongoing income during the campaign). Such skills are required in business, charity, and government. Projects may require all of the person's focus or may run alongside other projects.
An online Project Management Graduate Certificate helps business leaders focus on specific tasks with a deadline, imparting important skills for limited time and resource management. For those whose workday consists of a series of tasks, this is a great qualification to have.
What Are the Online Project Management Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Colleges offering online project management graduate certificate programs request a minimum set of criteria. Normally, these are:
- A 2.5 minimum GPA. However, some may ask for 3.0 or higher
- A master's degree in a relevant business area
- Accredited degrees; including official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Applicants from a non-English speaking country are welcome to apply but will be asked to prove English communication proficiency. Relevant certifications are TOEFL, IELTS, or PTEA. A limited number of schools accept ELS 112
- Recommendation letters: typically 2 or 3. Academic references are preferred, though employment references may be welcome if related to relevant jobs
- Any required application fee
- A personal statement explaining why you wish to earn this graduate certificate
- Some schools ask for formal proof of proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Project Management Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Project Management Graduate Certificates are made up of multiple courses, some of which are mandatory (usually one or two) and several optional courses. The curriculum can usually be completed in just a few semesters of part-time or full-time study. Common coursework includes:
- Introduction to Project Management Essentials
- Working in Teams: Concept & Practice
- Agile Practices
- Transformational Leadership
- Project Planning & Scheduling
- Cost Management for Projects
- Managing Change
- Negotiations for Project Management
- Strategic Decision Making
- Management & Organization
- Management Integrations
- Capstone Project
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Project Management Graduate Certificate?
Project management skills are a valued asset to most businesses and organizations. Upon graduating with an online project management grad certificate, you may wish to enter one of these rewarding careers:
- Events Planner: Events have a single pool of resources, a time limit, and an end date. Project Management professionals are ideally suited to working in event planning and coordination.
- Logistics Management: In some jobs, logistical planning requires short-term planning for specific seasons or other projects. This is the case in retail, warehouse distribution, and manufacturing.
- Construction Manager: Construction projects often have a time limit and require organization and timekeeping skills. This is an ideal career destination.
- Consultancy: This can cover almost anything, depending on your skills and experiences. Help businesses manage their projects on an independent or freelance basis.
Project Management Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a project management graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Walden University||Minneapolis, MN||Online - Applied Project Management|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs