Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
- What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate?
- Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate Programs List
Government acquisition – of resources and contracts, among other things – can be a complex process. Governments must always aim for the best value for taxpayers. This bridge between business and public service needs specialists in the areas of acquisition and contracts, as well as the management of logistics.
To fulfill this need, colleges and universities in the U.S. now offer dedicated Acquisition and Contract Management Graduate Certificates for budding professionals.
What Are the Online Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Are you currently looking through your list of options for an Acquisition and Contract Management Graduate Certificate? These are the minimum entry requirements you can expect to encounter:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum entry GPA of 3.0 (may be higher or lower depending on the program)
- Copies of your academic transcripts by the time of the program start date
- Completed application form and fee (non-refundable)
- A short personal statement where you will explain your background and interests, and detail how this program will benefit your career
- Recommendation letters – two or three are typical and both academic and employer letters are accepted
- Your resume
- If you do not speak English as a main language, you will be expected to prove your English proficiency through any accredited and recognized certifications: IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificates come together through a series of courses, each worth weighted credits. While some programs offer only mandatory courses, some provide students with choices. Example coursework includes:
- Decisive Thinking, Communicating, and Leading in Multidisciplinary Fields
- Fundamentals of Acquisition Planning and Cost Price Analysis
- Sourcing Decisions and Legal Considerations in Contracting
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Contract Changes, Terminations, and Disputes
- Cost Principles, Effectiveness, and Control
- Contract and Subcontract Formulation
- Contract Negotiations and Incentive Contracts
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate?
Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificates allow public service professionals and business graduates to enter a range of new yet related careers:
- Auditor: You will work either for a firm or as an independent in examining financial and contractual information – ensuring it is above board and of sufficient quality and quantity for the purpose of tax and other assessments.
- City Management and Planning: Working for a city government, your skills in acquisition and contract management will be useful in managing new developments and redevelopments and hiring firms to do the work.
- Government Administration: This is a broad area that could cover almost anything. Such government jobs typically require acquisitions and contract management.
- Procurement Specialist: Working for any organization in any sector, your job will be to procure parts, supplies, raw materials, and ensure supply chains depending on operation.
- Contract Specialist: Working in any organization, your sole responsibility will be organizing, negotiating, and drawing up contracts – whatever the nature and purpose of that contract.
Acquisition & Contract Management Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in an acquisition & contract management graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Florida Tech||Orlando, FL||Both - Acquisition & Contract Management|
|University of Maryland Global Campus||Adelphi, MD||Online - Acquisition & Contract Management|
|Webster University||Saint Louis, MO||Hybrid - Acquisition & Contract Management|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.