Organizational behavior focuses on human behavior in the workplace. It’s closely related to industrial and organizational psychology. Online graduate certificates in organizational behavior allow individuals who have to expand their knowledge of specific concepts and skills. If you want to expand your career opportunities, certification can validate your knowledge and capability. Programs specializing in organizational behavior drive evolution in the industry by producing graduates dedicated to improving employee morale, performance and attitudes. Some certificate programs include field placement that gives students hands-on experience and others accept transfer credits from other reputable programs. The faculty members in most organizational behavior programs are currently active in the industry, so they can provide real-world anecdotes and insight.
What Are the Online Organizational Behavior Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Admissions requirements vary greatly from school to school. Many organizational behavior graduate certificates require that the student be concurrently enrolled in a related master’s degree program. Other requirements may include:
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Minimum GPA (usually 3.0 or above)
- Completed application and application fee
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Organizational Behavior Curriculum?
Grand Canyon University offers a graduate certificate in organizational behavior that aligns with objectives set by the American Psychological Association (APA). Students develop psychological and scientific principles to apply to the modern workplace. The program emphasizes clear communication, critical thinking, and high standards of professionalism. Students complete 16 credits of coursework. (Many programs require 30 credits and may include business, human resources, or similar topics and their curriculum.)
This program emphasizes social and organizational methods to enhance industry and business. Students learn to use effective management strategies to achieve group and organizational goals. Graduates of this program achieve mastery of job performance assessment, motivating individuals and entire workforces, and helping executives cope with mergers and other transitions.
Courses in this graduate certificate program include the following:
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Organizational Behavior and Development
- Effective Leadership and Consultation 4
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
Examples of courses in programs with a wider breadth include:
- Conflict Management
- Electives (some programs offer concentrations in particular industries or disciplines)
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Organizational Behavior Graduate Certificate?
Here are a few examples of career options to pursue with a graduate certificate in organizational behavior.
- Training and Development Managers: These leaders direct and coordinate training and development efforts within a corporation or other organization.
- Human Resources Specialists: HR specialists recruit, screen, interview, and place workers in applicable job roles.
- Training and Development Specialists: These professionals often act as consultants. They analyze the training needs of an organization and may help set and improve individual and group performance metrics.
- Employee Relations Managers: These organizational behavior experts resolve problems with individual employees or large groups of employees.
Organizational Behavior Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in an organizational behavior graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Endicott College||Beverly, MA||Hybrid - Organizational Behavior|
|Iona College||New Rochelle, NY||Organizational Behavior|
|Bryn Mawr College||Bryn Mawr, PA||Organizational Behavior & Management|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs