A graduate certificate is a higher education program designed to be completed after a master’s degree, but is shorter and more focused in scope. Many classes take one-third and two-thirds of the regular academic year.
The online rehabilitation counseling graduate certificate is designed to give you high-level knowledge and skills to assist in securing resources for those with physical, mental, emotional, and/or developmental disabilities. The program shows employers that you’re capable of performing better than those who don’t have the certificate, and that you have the niche education to succeed in the role.
What Are the Online Rehabilitation Counseling Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Admissions requirements for online rehabilitation counseling grad certificate programs will vary by school. The following are common requirements for the grad certificate:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a related field (social work, psychology, etc.)
- Official transcripts from colleges attended–––to ascertain your capabilities in the chosen field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- English language ability for TOEFL iBT 79 and 95 for the direct entry–– a TOEFL score may not be needed for ESL and Pre-Master’s programs
- Two letters of recommendation from accredited education bodies––aims to clarify personal principles and ethics related to your specific profession
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Rehabilitation Counseling Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
An online graduate certificate in rehabilitation counseling typically requires around 21 credit hours completed over 2 semesters. Students generally take core courses alongside several elective courses.
Course titles for the graduate certificate may include:
- Principles of Rehabilitation Counseling
- Placement Services & Techniques
- Medical & Psychological Aspects of Disability
- Case Management in Rehabilitation Counseling
- Cultural Diversity
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Rehabilitation Counseling Graduate Certificate?
Several career pathways helping those with various disabilities live independent lives are available up on earning an online grad certificate. Some options include:
- Rehabilitation Counselor: Help clients with physical or emotional disabilities manage the social and personal aspects of their disabilities and help to secure employment, independent living, and identify applicable resources. These counselors are often employed by state rehabilitation programs, social service agencies, or at the collegiate level.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor: Focuses on finding employment for the disabled, those suffering from substance abuse issues, Veterans, and more.
- Career Counselor: Assist clients in determining their abilities and interests, locate and apply to educational programs, or transition to new careers after lay-offs or downsizing.
- Community Health/Social Services Manager: Coordinate and supervise various community programs promoting physical/mental health and education, secure social service funding, organize outreach activities, and more.
Rehabilitation Counseling Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a rehabilitation counseling graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|University of Arizona||Tucson, AZ||Rehabilitation & Mental Health Counseling Specialization|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs