Cloud computing is one of the most critical developments in web technology of the last decade.
From apps to coding and to communication, this technology is expected to continue to drive
Therefore, information technology professionals who wish to develop their skills in this area may
benefit from a dedicated cloud computing graduate certificate. Many colleges and universities
across the US offer such programs.
What Are the Cloud Computing Graduate Certificate Requirements?
If you're considering a dedicated cloud computing graduate certificate, you will be subject to some minimum entry requirements. Normally, this list will include the following:
- A relevant information technology degree
- The minimum GPA of 3.0 on the 4.0 scale. Some schools may lower entry requirements
for older applicants, especially those with extensive practical experience
- Academic transcript copies as proof
- Some colleges may only offer such graduate certificates to students studying a relevant
- A personal statement explaining your interest and experience and why you want to study at
- Recommendation letters from employers or academic staff – two or three are normal
- A resume
- Residents from countries where English is not an official language, you must take and pass
an authorized English language certification like TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS
What Types of Classes Are Included in the Online Cloud Computing Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Multiple courses of varying credit values make up Cloud Computing Graduate Certificates. These
courses cover such subjects as the following. Programs are usually a mix of mandatory and optional:
- Cloud Computing for Business
- Decisive Thinking, Communicating, and Leading in Technology Fields
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Distributed Cloud Computing
- Mobile Computing
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Large-Scale Data Management
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics with Cloud Computing
- Topic: Programming Techniques for the Cloud
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Fundamentals of Information Assurance
- Digital Forensics
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Performance Evaluation
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with a Cloud Computing Graduate Certificate?
Cloud computing graduate certificates give you skills and experiences that open a variety of career doors to new companies and emerging technologies. Some of these roles are as follows:
- Equipment Installer: Often the equipment used in cloud computing needs specialist
installers to input the hardware and use software to set up the system, needing technical
knowledge as well as physical labor.
- Machine Repair Technician: Similarly, you could be a repair specialist with knowledge on
how to replace and repair parts and using software and firmware to implement such
- Electronic Engineer: Designing and implementing specifically for cloud computing systems
for networks and intranets.
- Support Specialist: Call centers need employees who can handle basic problems, but they
also need knowledgeable experts to solve more complex issues about infrastructure.
- Tech Sales: While knowledge of systems isn't vital for sales, it helps to be able to answer
complex questions for clients and potential clients.
- Systems Analyst: Specialize in analyzing existing systems and designing and implementing
upgrades and improvements. Your job is to assess current effectiveness and suitability and
discuss needs with the users.
- Cloud Architect: Your main job is to oversee an organization's cloud strategy and system
including app deployment and upgrades and remain up to date with protocols and
- Cloud Engineer: Develop and maintain the core engineering system of a cloud network. Also
organize and implement upgrades.
- Cloud Administrator: Manage systems and the network with day-to-day tasks, authorizing
licensing, checking security protocols, and authorizing access.
Cloud Computing Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a cloud computing graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs