Information Technology (IT) is the use of computing systems – hardware, networks, and software – for any application. Virtually all enterprises use computer systems today and therefore need IT professionals to administer these systems.
An online Information Technology Graduate Certificate is the ideal qualification to help you develop your computing skills to expert levels. You can work in a wide range of jobs, from small businesses to government contracts, depending on your skills and specializations.
What Are the Online Information Technology Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Schools offering access to online information technology graduate certificate programs will require the applicant to meet all admissions requirements. These can vary based on school, must most will ask for the following:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Information Science or Information Technology
- A relevant master's degree in any IT or related subject. Some schools accept MBA graduates where there is IT experience
- GPA of 3.0 or above. Prestigious schools may ask for a higher score of 3.25 or 3.5
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- For students with no recent academic study, schools may accept 2-3 years' working knowledge
- Experience in Microsoft Office packages
- For students from a country where English is not a majority or first language, you are required certification to prove English proficiency. Such certifications include PTEA, IELTS, and TOEFL although some may accept ELS 112 too
- 2 or 3 academic or professional letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Application fee
- Personal statement with details of career desires and expected study outcomes
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Information Technology Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Online IT graduate certificate programs are usually completed over just a few semesters of study and can often be completed in around a year or so. The curriculum encompasses both mandatory core courses and several elective courses. Typical course titles include:
- Management Information Systems
- Database Application Development
- Data Infrastructure & Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Cybersecurity Foundation
- Ethical Hacking
- IT Foundations for Service Management
- Cloud Computing Fundamentals
- Project Management
- Neural Networks & Machine Learning
- Management Information Systems
- Web Security
- Information Security Management
- Human-Computer Interactions
- Mobile Technologies
- Gaming – Learning & Leisure
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Health Informatics and IT Systems
- Machine Learning
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Information Technology Graduate Certificate?
A graduate certificate in IT can open the doors to tech careers in a variety of industries. Popular career pathways include:
- Chief Data Officer (CDO): Your responsibility is to ensure the security of data and associated architecture and compliance, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Cloud Architect: You are responsible for understanding technical requirements into a viable architecture and networking design for data storage requirements.
- Computer Network Architect: You will design and build computer networks at the enterprise level, including WANs, LANs, and intranets, from localized to global.
- Systems Analyst: You will analyze requirements and design systems for enterprises, and liaise with decision-makers and system users to understand requirements.
- IT Support: Work to help end-users with their technical problems – hardware and software – and perform routine maintenance and upgrades.
- IS/IT Manager: Manage departments of IT professionals and be responsible for system procurement, software, and other management decisions.
- IT Consultant: Offer independent advice to enterprises on which systems, hardware, and software they should use within their budget and for their needs.
- Games Designer: With a background in coding, graphics, and analytics, you could enter this important area of leisure and education.
Information Technology Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in an information technology graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Regis University||Denver, CO||Online - Executive Information Technology|
|Tulane University||New Orleans, LA||Online - Information Technology Strategic Planning|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs