Theory & Applications of Regression Models Graduate Certificate Programs
Statistics is a hugely important subdiscipline of mathematics. It opens many other areas useful in a range of sciences, most notably, big data and modeling. But these models need theories to underpin them.
If you have a background in any STEM subject, you have likely worked with statistics. If you like problem-solving and using statistics to solve them, a Theory & Applications of Regression Models Graduate Certificate might be a great fit. This program teaches students to use data to make predictions and examine what has already happened.
Students interested in a theory and applications graduate certificate must fulfill a minimum entry criteria list:
- An accredited four-year degree in a relevant STEM subject
- Proof of past courses in statistics, calculus, and linear algebra
- Application form and fees to be paid on time
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (though some could be higher or lower depending on program demand and prestige)
- Supply transcripts on request
- Resume detailing experience
- A short personal statement may be required
- PTEA, IELTS, or TOEFL certification are required for those who do not come from a majority English-speaking country and do not speak it as a first language; some may accept ELS112 and DuoLingo
What Type of Classes are Included in the Online Theory & Applications of Regression Models Graduate Certificate?
Theory & Applications of Regression Models Graduate Certificates are made up of a range of mandatory and elective courses:
- Math Skills for Statistical Analysis
- Computing Skills for Statistical Analysis
- Statistical Computer Packages
- Regression Models and Applications
- Generalized Regression Models
- Probability with Applications
- Mathematical Statistics with Applications
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Data Visualization Methods
- Computational and Simulation Methods
- Methods in Multivariate Analysis
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Theory & Applications of Regression Models Graduate Certificate?
A Graduate Certificate in Theory & Applications of Regression Models is a niche area with multiple potential career paths:
- Data Analyst: Used across the board from public health to government logistics, commercial planning, industry, and marketing, you will find a wide range of jobs requiring this skill set.
- Threat Researcher: Whether military or environment, insurance or public services, statistical analysis helps calculate a wide range of threats to direct resources and calculate potential costs.
- Research Project Manager: Lead your own projects in the academic sector, commerce, and industry, or anywhere else that relies heavily on statistical information.
- Statistical Modeler: Using your IT skills, you will devise and develop models from which researchers can extrapolate conclusions. Again, necessary across the board in a range of areas.
- Biostatistician: For graduates whose background is in the biological sciences, you may combine those two disciplines for a great career in things like public health analytics and genomes.
- Data Scientist: They gather large sets of data and work with it, structuring and organizing it as well as analyzing and processing it. They may also work with models and interpret them for stakeholders.
- Machine Learning Engineer: If you also have a background in Information Science and/or computer engineering, statistics are useful for developing AI systems and the science that underpins them.
- Market Research Analyst: In the world of commerce, statistics and models are just as vital as they are for academia. Decisions about marketing strategies and consumer trends are made on the strength of this data.
|University of California-Los Angeles||Los Angeles, CA||Hybrid - Theory & Applications of Regression Models|
|DePaul University||Chicago, IL||Hybrid - Theory & Applications of Regression Models|
|Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore, MD||Hybrid - Theory & Applications of Regression Models|
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||Ann Arbor, MI||Hybrid - Theory & Applications of Regression Models|
|Columbia University in the City of New York||New York, NY||Hybrid - Theory & Applications of Regression Models|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.