Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate Program?
- What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate?
- Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate Programs List
Curriculum development is an important area of education. Both children and adult learners need professionals to develop learning materials, courses, and programs that are both ability and age-appropriate.
An online Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate is designed for grads in the education arena who desire a career developing course material and improving school curricula. Educators are the ideal candidates with their extensive experience to design study programs.
What Are the Online Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Prior to applying to an online curriculum and instruction graduate certificate program, prospective students will need to ensure that they meet all eligibility requirements. This will vary by school, but in general, students will need to fulfill the following:
- A bachelor's and a master's degree in relevant education subjects
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Demonstrable experience working as a teacher, typically a minimum of two years
- If you do not speak English as a first language, the college will expect you to submit certification of relevant and accredited English language certification. These include TOEFL, PTEA and TOEFL. Some colleges might accept DuoLingo and ELS112
- Two or more letters of recommendation
- The non-refundable application fee
- A personal statement with further details about your background and experience
- Some schools may ask that you complete an essay answering a question concerning a specific issue in education
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate Program?
Curriculum and instruction graduate certificates are made up of a series of courses that can usually be completed in around a year. Common course topics covered in this type of certificate program often include:
- Curriculum Design for Learning Environments
- Assessment Design
- Accelerated Learning Programs
- Leadership in the Classroom
- Evidence-Based Learning
- Integrating Technology into Teaching
- Teaching Models
- Global Perspectives
- Current Issues in Education
- Curriculum Development Theory
- Collaborative Teaching
- Supervision in Education
- Teaching & Learning Analytics
- Statistical Analysis in Learning Environments
- Principles and Procedures of Curriculum Development
- Developing Elementary School Curriculum
- Developing Secondary School Curriculum
- Developing Junior High and Middle School Curriculum
- Developing Alternative School Curricula
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate?
As an educator with a curriculum and instruction graduate certificate, rewarding careers in several industries are available to you. Popular pathways include:
- Private Tutor: You will be responsible for teaching one-to-one independently. You will oversee developing your own course material – often subject to certain standards.
- Business Training Associate: This involves training adults in business systems and soft skills for the workplace. While you might be expected to adhere to industry standards on training, you will have some degree of control over course design.
- Corporate Trainer: Similarly, this role involves working within a business for employee development spearheading onboarding and training.
- Instructional Coordinator: Outside of frontline or second-line training, these professionals work at the top of organizations and government. Your job is to design curricula, set up tests with students, and evaluate a school or organization's educational practices.
- School Teacher: Your skills will be useful for designing lesson plans and assignment structures as well as carrying out evaluations on individual and group performance. Applies to elementary, secondary, and post-secondary.
- Special Needs Program Director: Children with learning or developmental difficulties need special consideration. Sometimes they need a different approach to study and a different type of program.
- Gifted Children Program Director: Gifted children also need special consideration and teaching methods, and sometimes curricula.
- Test/Exam Developer: Direct your skills towards creating age and skill-appropriate examination systems for schools and colleges.
Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in a curriculum & instruction graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|University of Arkansas||Fayetteville, AR||Online - Online Educational Specialist Program in Curriculum and Instruction|
|University of Phoenix-Arizona||Phoenix, AZ||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Biola University||La Mirada, CA||Online - Curriculum and Instruction|
|California Coast University||Santa Ana, CA||Online - Curriculum and Instruction|
|La Sierra University||Riverside, CA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Colorado Christian University||Lakewood, CO||Online - Curriculum and Instruction Education|
|University of Connecticut||Storrs, CT||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|George Washington University||Washington, DC||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Florida Atlantic University||Boca Raton, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Florida International University||Miami, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Florida State University||Tallahassee, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale||Fort Lauderdale, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Nova Southeastern University||Fort Lauderdale, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|The University of West Florida||Pensacola, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Florida||Gainesville, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of South Florida-Main Campus||Tampa, FL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Augusta University||Augusta, GA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Kennesaw State University||Kennesaw, GA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Piedmont College||Demorest, GA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Iowa State University||Ames, IA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Northwest Nazarene University||Nampa, ID||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Idaho||Moscow, ID||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|DePaul University||Chicago, IL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|McKendree University||Lebanon, IL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|National Louis University||Chicago, IL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||Champaign, IL||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|American College of Education||Indianapolis, IN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Morehead State University||Morehead, KY||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Bay Path University||Longmeadow, MA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Boston College||Chestnut Hill, MA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Boston University||Boston, MA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Cambridge College||Boston, MA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Gordon College||Wenham, MA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Lesley University||Cambridge, MA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Massachusetts Boston||Boston, MA||Online - Instructional and Learning Design|
|Worcester State University||Worcester, MA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Loyola University Maryland||Baltimore, MD||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Maryland-College Park||College Park, MD||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Maine||Orono, ME||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Andrews University||Berrien Springs, MI||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Wayne State University||Detroit, MI||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Capella University||Minneapolis, MN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Walden University||Minneapolis, MN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Lindenwood University||Saint Charles, MO||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Missouri Baptist University||Saint Louis, MO||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Missouri State University-Springfield||Springfield, MO||Online - Elementary Curriculum and Instruction Graduate|
|University of Missouri-Columbia||Columbia, MO||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Missouri-Kansas City||Kansas City, MO||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Webster University||Saint Louis, MO||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Belhaven University||Jackson, MS||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Mississippi State University||Mississippi State, MS||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of North Carolina at Charlotte||Charlotte, NC||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of North Carolina at Greensboro||Greensboro, NC||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Western Carolina University||Cullowhee, NC||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of New Hampshire||Durham, NH||Online - Curriculum and Instructional Leadership|
|Saint Peter's University||Jersey City, NJ||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|New Mexico State University-Main Campus||Las Cruces, NM||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Nevada-Las Vegas||Las Vegas, NV||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|St John's University-New York||Queens, NY||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|SUNY at Albany||Albany, NY||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Syracuse University||Syracuse, NY||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University at Buffalo||Buffalo, NY||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|University of Toledo||Toledo, OH||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Gwynedd Mercy University||Gwynedd Valley, PA||Online - Accelerated Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction|
|Temple University||Philadelphia, PA||Supervisor of Curriculum & Instruction|
|Rhode Island College||Providence, RI||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Converse College||Spartanburg, SC||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Lee University||Cleveland, TN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Lincoln Memorial University||Harrogate, TN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Middle Tennessee State University||Murfreesboro, TN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Tennessee Technological University||Cookeville, TN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Union University||Jackson, TN||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Texas Tech University||Lubbock, TX||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|George Mason University||Fairfax, VA||Curriculum and Instruction|
|Liberty University||Lynchburg, VA||Online - Curriculum and Instruction|
|University of Virginia-Main Campus||Charlottesville, VA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University||Blacksburg, VA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Seattle University||Seattle, WA||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Alverno College||Milwaukee, WI||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
|Concord University||Athens, WV||Hybrid - Curriculum & Instruction|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.