Education Policy Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Education Policy Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Education Policy Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
- What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Education Policy Graduate Certificate?
- Education Policy Graduate Certificate Programs List
Education policy is needed in schools and at the government level to help decide the direction of educational standards. Education needs to remain relevant through methods, tools, and engagement to produce effective results.
An Education Policy Graduate Certificate will put the graduate on a path towards policymaking at the local or state level, working in government departments responsible for regulation and education administration in schools.
What Are the Online Education Policy Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Those interested in an education policy graduate certificate program should ensure that they meet all of their school’s admissions requirements. While these can vary, most schools require the following:
- Both a bachelor's and master's degree in relevant subjects, usually education, public administration, or public policy
- A minimum GPA (usually 3.0-3.5)
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Some teaching experience may be requested in some cases – usually a minimum of 2 years
- If you are a non-native English speaker, you must provide evidence of English proficiency. Accepted standards are IELTS, PTEA, and TOEFL. Some schools may accept DuoLingo and ELS112
- Two to three professional recommendation letters
- A non-refundable application fee
- A short personal statement
- An exam-style essay is increasingly becoming part of advanced study – the question will ask you to discuss a current policy topic related to education
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Education Policy Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Education policy graduate certificate programs can typically be completed in around one academic year of study (2-3 semesters, depending on full-time or part-time attendance). The curriculum includes coursework in core topics; common course titles include:
- History of Education Reform
- K-12 Policy Challenges
- Higher Education Policy
- Conflict and Consensus: Education and Interest Groups
- Education Policy Implementation
- Public Policy Processes and Strategies
- Finance in Higher Education Finance
- Higher Education Policy
- Sociology & Education
- History of U.S. Education Policy
- The Politics of Education
- Education & Law
- Discourse Analysis in Education
- Policy Analysis and Data Science
- Economic Analysis
- Public Program Evaluation
- Educational Planning and Evaluation
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Education Policy Graduate Certificate?
Many rewarding career pathways will be open to you with an education policy grad certificate. Some popular choices include:
- Postsecondary Administration: Working in higher education, you will help students or faculty (or both) with a range of issues. You can also provide information and manage processes in the educational environment.
- Superintendent: In this job, you will guide education policy in a school or district, working with government agencies and principals, hiring school officials, and overseeing policy implementation.
- Education Non-Profit: Charities providing education in developing countries or underserved regions need a range of skills including management, teaching direction, policy and government lobbying, and organizing volunteers.
- Instructional Coordinator: This professional is responsible for developing educational policy in a school or district, also working with faculty to improve standards and results.
- Education Policy Analyst: Typically a government job, this role looks at the efficacy of current policies and makes recommendations for decision-makers for the best use of funds.
Education Policy Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in an education policy graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Trinity Washington University||Washington, DC||Education Policy|
|Boston College||Chestnut Hill, MA||Educational Policy Development|
|University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth||North Dartmouth, MA||Online - Educational Policy|
|University of Missouri||Columbia, MO||Education Policy|
|Drexel University||Philadelphia, PA||Online - Educational Policy|
|West Chester University||West Chester, PA||Higher Education Policy and Student Affairs|
|George Mason University||Fairfax, VA||Education Policy|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.