Instructional Design Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Instructional Design Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Instructional Design Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
- What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Instructional Design Graduate Certificate?
- Instructional Design Graduate Certificate Programs List
Instructional Design is an important area of education. In this arena, you will design learning environments including curricula and analyze existing learning materials, improving them for a range of educational providers – including schools and businesses.
An Instructional Design Graduate Certificate is for teachers, educators, and those with great analytical skills looking to enter a career in teaching development, heading an academic department, and more.
What Are the Online Instructional Design Graduate Certificate Requirements?
If you are considering applying for an instructional design graduate certificate, you should know that each school has a list of admission requirements. While these will vary, most will include the following:
- Bachelor's and master’s degrees in a relevant education or administration subject. Education, ideally, though MPP and MPA are also acceptable
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Official transcripts from all universities previously attended
- Applicants from a non-English-speaking country must provide proof of proficiency through recognized certifications such as TOEFL, PTEA, and IELTS. ELS112 and DuoLingo are acceptable to some schools
- Academic recommendation letters or employer references – usually 2-3
- Application fee
- A personal statement – up to 500 words
- Some schools may ask for an essay answering a question about teaching or instructional design
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Instructional Design Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
An instructional design graduate certificate can often be completed in just a few semesters (around one academic year). The curriculum will include mandatory coursework and often several electives. Common course titles and topics include:
- Introduction to Learning Science
- Designing Virtual Communities
- Instructional Design Method
- Instructional Design: Project Management
- Learning with Social Media and Mobile Devices
- Teaching and Learning Issues
- E-Learning Methods
- Learning Technologies
- Instructional Design for Disabilities
- Trends and Issues in Instructional Design
- Instructional Strategies and Assessment Methods
- Designing Computer-Based Training
- Project Management for Instructional Development
- Practicum / Capstone Project
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Instructional Design Graduate Certificate?
With an instructional design graduate certificate, careers in both academia and business will be open to you. Popular career pathways include:
- Course Design Director: Responsible for all elements of course design. You can work in formal education establishments or in business training, designing courses for all types of education.
- Chief Learning Officer: Working typically in a business environment, you will be responsible for overseeing the organization's wider strategy for training, employee learning facilities, and equipment.
- Business Trainer: While the CLO is the chief administrator of business training, the trainer teaches employees on a one-to-one or group basis. You will train on specific skills such as communication or technical training.
- Education Consultant: Working as an independent, you will advise private schools, businesses, and any other educational establishment on a range of training, course, and administrative subjects.
Instructional Design Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in an instructional design graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Alabama State University||Montgomery, AL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Auburn University at Montgomery||Montgomery, AL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of Montevallo||Montevallo, AL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of West Alabama||Livingston, AL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|California State University-Sacramento||Sacramento, CA||Instructional Design for eLearning|
|California State University, Fullerton||Fullerton, CA||Online - Instructional Design|
|San Diego State University||San Diego, CA||Instructional Design|
|The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Los Angeles||Los Angeles, CA||Instructional Design|
|Fairfield University||Fairfield, CT||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of Connecticut||Storrs, CT||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Florida State University||Tallahassee, FL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Full Sail University||Winter Park, FL||Online - Instructional Design & Technology|
|Nova Southeastern University||Fort Lauderdale, FL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Seminole State College of Florida||Sanford, FL||Online - Instructional Design|
|Georgia Southern University||Statesboro, GA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Georgia State University||Atlanta, GA||Online - Instructional Design and Technology|
|Kennesaw State University||Kennesaw, GA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Piedmont University||Demorest, GA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of Georgia||Athens, GA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of West Georgia||Carrollton, GA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Valdosta State University||Valdosta, GA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Boise State University||Boise, ID||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Chicago School of Professional Psychology||Chicago, IL||Online - Instructional Design|
|Concordia University-Chicago||River Forest, IL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Eastern Illinois University||Charleston, IL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Governors State University||University Park, IL||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||Champaign, IL||Online - Instructional Design|
|University of St Francis||Joliet, IL||Online - Instructional Design in Online Learning|
|American College of Education||Indianapolis, IN||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Indiana State University||Terre Haute, IN||Online - Instructional Design|
|Wichita State University||Wichita, KS||Instructional Design|
|Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College||Baton Rouge, LA||Instructional Design|
|Nicholls State University||Thibodaux, LA||Instructional Design|
|Boston University||Boston, MA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Bridgewater State University||Bridgewater, MA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Cambridge College||Boston, MA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Emmanuel University||Boston, MA||Online - Instructional Design and Technology|
|University of Maine||Orono, ME||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||Ann Arbor, MI||Instructional Design|
|Wayne State University||Detroit, MI||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Capella University||Minneapolis, MN||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Walden University||Minneapolis, MN||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of Central Missouri||Warrensburg, MO||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Webster University||Saint Louis, MO||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Mississippi State University||Mississippi State, MS||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University of Southern Mississippi||Hattiesburg, MS||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Plymouth State University||Plymouth, NH||Online - Instructional Design|
|Canisius College||Buffalo, NY||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Hofstra University||Hempstead, NY||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Manhattan College||Riverdale, NY||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Syracuse University||Syracuse, NY||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|University at Buffalo||Buffalo, NY||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Franklin University||Columbus, OH||Online - Instructional Design|
|Ohio University||Athens, OH||Online - Instructional Design|
|University of Akron Main Campus||Akron, OH||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Oklahoma State University-Main Campus||Stillwater, OK||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Western Oregon University||Monmouth, OR||Online - Instructional Design|
|Chestnut Hill College||Philadelphia, PA||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Coastal Carolina University||Conway, SC||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Southern Weselyan University||Central, SC||Online - Instructional Design|
|Johnson University||Knoxville, TN||Hybrid - Instructional Design|
|Texas A & M University-Commerce||Commerce, TX||Online - Instructional Design|
|University of Houston||Houston, TX||Online - Learning, Design & Technology|
|University of Texas Rio Grande Valley||Edinburg, TX||Online - Online Instructional Designer|
|UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA||Charlottesville, VA||Online - Instructional Design & Technology|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.