Healthcare research allows doctors, nurses, and other treatment providers to diagnose and treat patients with the best available care. Professionals who earn an online graduate certificate in clinical research emerge with several skills, including the ability to analyze and understand clinical research, the ability to design study protocols, and the ability to dissect and analyze the results of clinical research. Healthcare organizations need professionals who can break down complicated research into terms that are understandable for patients and healthcare providers who do not have a background in statistics. An online graduate certificate in clinical research (also known as a post-master’s or post-graduate certificate) prepares healthcare professionals to demystify data, helping both patients and providers make informed decisions about treatment options.
What Are the Online Clinical Research Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Admission requirements for online clinical research graduate certificate programs differ from school to school. Some schools require prior research experience. This can be helpful for success in the certificate program, and it’s a smart move for students who are interested in furthering their education in clinical research to have lab experience even if it’s not a requirement for the program they choose.
Requirements for admission to a clinical research in healthcare graduate certificate program may include:
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree from an accredited university
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Proof of clinical research experience
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Clinical Research Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Students who are interested in specializing in a particular area of healthcare research may want to search for programs that allow them to choose some elective courses, or offer courses in their specialty area. Some schools allow students who earn a clinical research graduate certificate to transfer their credits to a doctorate degree program if they decide to continue with their graduate education.
Classes that may be included in the curriculum for a clinical research graduate certificate include:
- Principles of biostatistics
- Responsible conduct of clinical research
- Clinical research operations
- Scientific communication
- Clinical trials: design and analysis
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Clinical Research in Healthcare Graduate Certificate?
Professionals who earn an online graduate certificate in clinical research can work in hospitals, research organizations, non-profit organizations, and more. No matter where a professional works after earning a certificate in clinical healthcare research, the goal is the same: to conduct and explain research in a way that makes study findings usable to patients and care providers.
Careers for professionals who have their certificate in clinical research include:
- Clinical Research Associate: Also known as clinical monitors, a clinical research associate works on behalf of government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, and medical research institutes. Professionals in this role work to ensure that standards of ethical research are being followed and that data is being collected properly.
- Clinical Trial Manager: A clinical trial manager works to direct the trial process, ensure that safety and ethical standards are followed and that the trial is progressing as expected. The manager may need to make adjustments to the research schedule to ensure timely results.
Clinical Research Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in a clinical research graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs