Health Policy Graduate Certificate Programs
Professionals who want a career that allows them to combine their love of public policy with their love of improved patient outcomes may find that an online Graduate Certificate in Health Policy is the right move to help them soar forward. Health policy professionals are well-poised to work in the public, private, non-profit, and government sectors. Professionals who are successful in health policy come from many backgrounds, including healthcare, public policy, health education, and more.
What Are the Online Health Policy Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Health policy graduate certificate program admission criteria will vary from program to program. If an applicant finds that they’re missing one or two of the criteria required for admission, it’s a smart idea to reach out to the admissions office to learn whether other areas of education or expertise could make up for the missing requirement.
Common requirements for admission to health policy graduate certificate programs include:
- A bachelor’s and master’s degree from an accredited university
- A GPA of at least 3.0 or higher
- Personal statement or essay
- Resume or CV
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Health Policy Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
While some health policy graduate certificate programs have a strict curriculum, others allow for elective course options. For students who are interested in forging a specific career path, it may make sense to focus on applying to programs that allow some flexibility within their curriculum.
Online health policy graduate certificate classes may include:
- Health systems management
- Legal and ethical issues in healthcare finance
- Health policy and regulation
- Evidence-based decision making
- Global health systems
- Health economics
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Health Policy Graduate Certificate?
There are many career options for professionals who earn an online health policy graduate certificate.
Careers that may be available for those who earn a health policy graduate certificate program include:
- Public Health Researcher: Professionals who work as researchers play an important behind-the-scenes role in the formation of public policy. Researchers do not usually work directly with patients or hospital staff, rather, they work with medical researchers, academic researchers, and public health institutions to provide information that can help inform and shape public policy. Many researchers in this field work closely with population statistics to identify health trends within certain groups.
- Healthcare Policy Analyst: Another behind-the-scenes position, a healthcare policy analyst works to carefully study current and potential future policies. Healthcare policy analysts use data to create materials to help others understand the ins and outs of current public health issues. The analyst then works to help stakeholders and others stay informed on public health issues, which these groups can then promote to the public.
- Health Insurance Specialist: A health insurance specialist works within a health insurance company or a healthcare organization, using electronic health records to code procedures for patients and examine insurance claims. Professionals in this position also maintain close records of co-pays, medical costs, and other billing details, while also working closely with healthcare organizations to repair coding errors, discuss billing, and more.
- Political Scientist: Political scientists with a background in health policy often work to advise politicians and senior staff members on healthcare issues, as well as how current policies need to change in order to positively affect constituents. Political scientists with a background in healthcare policy may also work with organizations to make nationwide changes in public health.
Health Policy Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in a health policy graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|University of Denver||Denver, CO||Online - Healthcare Policy and Regulatory|
|Georgetown University||Washington, DC||Health Policy|
|The George Washington University||Washington, DC||Health Policy|
|Benedictine University||Lisle, IL||Online - Health Management and Policy|
|University of Chicago||Chicago, IL||Health Policy|
|University of New England||Biddeford, ME||Online - Health Policy, Law, and Compliance|
|Columbia University in the City of New York||New York, NY||Hybrid - Health Policy|
|New York University||New York, NY||Health Policy Analysis|
|Ohio University||Athens, OH||Online - Health Policy|
|University of Tennessee, Knoxville||Knoxville, TN||Health Policy|
|Regent University||Virginia Beach, VA||Online - Healthcare Policy & Ethics|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.