Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Graduate Certificate Programs
AI and machine learning are projected to be the two biggest and most important technologies of
this decade. Its potential applications for healthcare and medical treatments are limitless, even
within existing technologies.
To take advantage of the upcoming developments in these fields, artificial intelligence in medicine graduate certificates are the ideal qualification for the next step in your career.
If you work in biomedical data, informatics, and diagnostics, you can benefit from these advances
and it's well worth considering. Such programs have minimum entry requirements listed as follows:
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any reasonably relevant subject – engineering is most
common. However, you must complete prerequisite courses BE 340 (Computational Methodologies in Bioengineering) and either ENG 205 (Differential Equations in
Engineering), or PHST 563 (Math Tools III)
- A minimum 3.00 GPA
- Academic transcripts (copies are normal)
- If you are enrolled in a relevant master's program at the same school, the above may not be
- Application form and fee
- A resume or CV listing your work experience and background
- Recommendation letters from employers or academic peers
- A personal statement answering the question of why you wish to study that program and
how your career expects to benefit from it
- If you are a citizen of a country where English is not an official or primary language, you will
need to pass English language certification. TOEFL, PTEA, IELTS are standard, though some
may accept other certifications too
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Graduate Certificate Classes & Curriculum?
Artificial intelligence in medicine graduate certificate programs are compiled of courses with names
like the following:
- Computer Tools for Medical Image Analysis
- LabVIEW for Bioengineers
- Machine Learning in Medicine Using Python
- Machine Learning in Medicine
- Medical Image Computing
- Medical Image Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare
- Big Data Analytics Tools & Tec
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Python & Data Analytics
- Introduction to Statistical Computing
- Data Mining for Healthcare
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Introduction to Clinical Data
- Evaluations of AI Applications in Healthcare
- Capstone Project
What kind of work can you enter with an Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Graduate Certificate?
Here is a non-exhaustive list of doors that may open to you:
- Medical Learning Specialist: Your role is to use data to devise programs of learning for
medical applications, especially for emerging technologies that utilize AI like robotic surgery.
- Healthcare Technical Consultant: Working primarily in sales, you will raise awareness of the
technologies emerging in the health market and sell the services to medical providers.
- AI Medical Scientist: Develop collection protocols and ensure the accuracy of both collection
and analysis. You will also build and maintain data servers and bio-sensor data.
- Digital Transformation Officer: Working behind the scenes, you will prepare your
medical/health employer for adopting emerging technologies, including budget and
- Solutions Architect: Another sales role, your job is to devise solutions to issues that clients
face rather than sell them any particular technology.
- Clinical Informaticist: Applying and deploying new digital technologies (particularly those in
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) and tools that aim to improve healthcare
- Information Systems Architect: You will build, design, and maintain information systems
related to the healthcare field. Naturally, you will have an IT background and understand
|University of Alabama at Birmingham||Birmingham, AL||AI in Medicine|
|University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign||Urbana, IL||Online - AI in Medicine|
|University of Louisville||Louisville, KY||Online - Artificial Intelligence in Medicine|
|Harvard University||Boston, MA||Online - Applied Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare|
|Michigan Tech||Houghton, MI||Both - Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.