An online graduate certificate in athletic training can open up career pathways for professionals in health fields who are interested in breaking into the health and fitness arena. Whether you decide to become a personal trainer, a wellness program designer, a health coach, or embark on a different health career, earning your online graduate certificate in athletic training shows both potential clients and employers that you’ve put in the time required to get a well-rounded education in health and physical fitness.
What Are the Online Athletic Training Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Academic institutions have varying requirements for post-graduate certificates in athletic training. Athletic training graduate certificate admissions requirements may include:
- An active CPR/AED certification
- Agreement to a code of ethics for athletic trainers
- Letters of recommendation
- Prerequisite coursework
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Athletic Training Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
As you progress through your online athletic training post-graduate studies, you’ll take a number of courses that will inform how you work with clients and athletes in your professional career. Many programs have the option of completing hands-on training hours in which you work with clients and/or athletes in a supervised setting. While this type of training is not always required for certificate completion, it can be helpful when applying for jobs after graduation, especially if this is your first time working in the fitness industry.
Classes that may be required for your online athletic training graduate certificate include:
- Advanced exercise physiology
- Cardiopulmonary physiology
- Electrocardiography, clinical assessment, and prescription
- Physical activity and exercise prescription
- Principles of fitness and health promotion
- Business development/entrepreneurship in health and fitness
Students may also have the opportunity to participate in elective classes of their choosing, depending on their areas of interest.
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Athletic Training Graduate Certificate?
When you earn your online graduate certificate in athletic training, you’ll have the unique ability to work closely with clients and/or athletes, developing plans to address injuries and exercise in a way that helps them increase their strength, fitness, and overall health.
Some positions that may interest you after you complete your athletic training graduate certificate include:
- Personal Trainer: As an athletic trainer, you’ll have a deep knowledge of anatomy, fitness, muscle imbalances, injury prevention, and more. You’ll be able to work with clients to address unique injuries, issues, and lifestyle factors that are holding your clients back from reaching their full potential.
- Health Coach: Many people think they know what they need to do to get in shape, and yet, they struggle to implement long-term changes. With your education as an athletic trainer, you’ll be able to help clients create long-term behavioral changes that will help them achieve their health goals.
- Athletic Trainer at the College or Professional Level: After you earn your online graduate certificate in athletic training, employers will see that you’ve put in the hard work required to train athletes at a professional level. Whether you choose to delve into careers training college athletes or you work to make the jump to training athletes at a professional level, your expertise will help serious athletes and their teams perform on a high level.
Athletic Training Graduate Certificate Programs List
Interested in an athletic training graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Dean College||Franklin, MA||Pre-Athletic Training|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.
Other Related Certificate Programs