Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate Programs
- What Are the Online Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate Requirements?
- What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
- What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate?
- Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate Programs List
Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificates (Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing Graduate Certificate) is an advanced educational program for students seeking to niche their technical understanding. Several US universities offer this program, sometimes in conjunction with doctorate-level studies. It applies physics and other areas of STEM as a component of technology.
It is an ideal certificate for physics, chemistry, metallurgy, and several engineering disciplines graduates. A Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing Graduate Certificate can open a range of career doors.
What Are the Online Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Several universities in the USA offer this certificate. Application requirements vary slightly, but they are typically listed as follows:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in engineering – the other degree may be relevant in STEM
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on the 4.0 scale over the final 60 hours of your bachelor's degree
- Submit the application form, application fee (normally $50), and a resume
- Transcripts of all relevant required qualifications
- English language proficiency – if not fluent, you will be required to study and pass (and provide details) of an authorized certification like PTE, TOEFL, and IELTS. DuoLingo may also be acceptable in some cases
- Two or three letters of recommendation from an academic source. If these are not available, employer references may be acceptable if relevant to the study program
- A short statement explaining your career goals and academic interests
- International students requiring F1 or J1 visas must already have a place on a graduate degree before being permitted to study this certificate
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Online Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Students on a semiconductor processing graduate certificate can expect to cover the following courses. They are a mix of mandatory and electives:
- Engineering Material Science
- Phase Transformations and Kinetics in Materials
- Scanning Electron Microscopy for Materials and Device Characterization
- Transmission Electron Microscopy and Chemical Analysis of Materials
- Transfer and Rate Processes
- Materials Failure Analysis
- Introduction to Electronic Packaging
- Advanced Silicon Processing
- Design Engineering Experiments
- Advanced Materials Characterization
- Semiconductor Device Theory
- Semiconductor Process/Device Simulation
- Semiconductor Characterization
- Fundamentals of Solid-State Devices
- Semiconductor Facilities/Cleanroom Practice
- Statistical Learning
- Quality Control
- Reliability Engineering
- Concepts in Materials Science
- Fundamentals of Microelectronics
What Type of Career Can I Pursue with an Online Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate?
A Graduate Certificate in Semiconductor Processing opens many professional doors for you; among them, the following:
- Process Engineer: Designing and building devices, component parts, and associated equipment for semiconductor manufacturing. Also testing, research, and development in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Yield Enhancement Engineer: Similar to the process engineer, here your research and development work will focus on improving existing technologies for improved yield, whether that's manufacturing or energy efficiency
- Analog Design Engineer: You will refine electrical signals for use in equipment, design parts, and circuits for both analog and mixed-signal equipment, taking into consideration the sum total of a circuit’s lifecycle
- Embedded Software Engineer: For those with a professional background in software engineering of industrial machines and other complex devices, you will not just design systems but the coding behind them as well
- Engineering Team Leader: If you're beginning this graduate certificate with many years of practical experience behind you, you may be eligible to manage teams of engineers and projects
- Engineering Manager: Oversee larger projects and more responsibility by managing larger teams. Most of your work will be office-based, but you may be called on to provide expert analysis of resource use
- Process Operator: Overseeing production in manufacturing. Your main responsibility is to ensure process efficiency and regular inspections. This is where your engineering background is most useful
Semiconductor Processing Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in a semiconductor processing graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|Arizona State University||Tempe, AZ||Online - Semiconductor Processing|
|University of South Florida||Tampa, FL||Online - Semiconductor Technology and Manufacturing|
|Portland State University||Portland, OR||Semiconductor Materials and Manufacturing|
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.