Ancient and Classical History Graduate Certificate Programs
The ancient world and classical history is the foundation of society and the lens through which we view it today. Specifically, the subject covers Western and Eastern Europe and the societies that took place within those regions during the ancient and classical periods.
If you're looking into formal qualifications in the ancient and classical world, you may benefit from enrolling in an Ancient and Classical Graduate Certificate. You will examine the ancient world from Greek polis to the Roman Empire, Byzantium, and into the modern age.
What Are the Online Ancient and Classical History Graduate Certificate Requirements?
Colleges and universities in the US that offer Ancient and Classical History Graduate Certificate programs have a minimum entry requirements list. Normally, the list will include:
- Accredited bachelor's degree in any relevant field
- A minimum entry GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Transcript copies are required to support your application. International applicants will be expected to convert their grades to US equivalents for consideration
- Government issued ID such as a driver's license
- A personal statement detailing your background and why you and your career would benefit from this graduate certificate
- Two or three reference letters. Both academic and employer references are accepted
- International applicants who come from a non-English speaking majority country will require English language certification in the form of PTEA, TOEFL, IELTS, and any other the college accepts
- The application fee (non-refundable) and forms
What Type of Classes Are Included in the Ancient and Classical History Graduate Certificate Curriculum?
Online Ancient and Classical History Graduate Certificates are comprised of multiple courses. They are worth varying credit values. Subjects include:
- Graduate Seminar in World History
- The Greek Civilization
- The Roman Republic and Empire
- Late Antiquity and Byzantium
- Medieval Europe
- Renaissance and Reformation
- Archaeology of the Ancient World
- Literary Criticism
- Epigraphy and Papyrology
- Ancient Roman Law
What Type of Careers Can I Pursue with an Online Ancient and Classical History Graduate Certificate?
- Academia: This is a huge academic discipline in both Europe and North America so there will be plenty of openingsas a professor, research assistant, researcher, and academic historian
- Museums: With your knowledge of ancient artefacts, documents, and sites, there are many choices in museum work – managing collections, conservation, and giving guided tours
- Archives and libraries: History typically deals with documentary records, academic research, and books. Archives and specialist libraries both need professionals with the skills in archiving and sorting collections
- Entertainment and media: Television and movies are always in need of professionals with knowledge of this period for entertainment media, and for documentaries
- Theaters: Similarly, production of period theater and plays from the ancient and classical world, will always need consultants, set designers, and set managers for productions
- Academic publishing: Every year there is a huge amount of academic literature published – journals and books. They need editors, marketers, distributors, and other professionals
- Business management: Not an obvious destination, but the analytical skills associated with studying ancient texts are useful in a range of business applications such as HR, project management, and market research
Online Ancient and Classical History Graduate Certificate Programs ListInterested in an ancient and classical history graduate certificate program? Check out our listings below to find a traditional, online, or hybrid program near you.
|University of Michigan
|Ann Arbor, MI
|Graduate Certificate in Classical Reception Studies
|Columbia University of Professional Studies
|New York City, NY
|University of Pennsylvania
|Philadelphia , PA
|Classical Studies Graduate Certificate
|American Public University
|Charles Town, WV
|Online - Graduate Certificate in Ancient and Classical History
Do we need to add to or update any of the information listed? Please contact us so we can keep our site updated.